We realize this time of year can be extremely stressful, and we’ve all heard how stress can negatively impact one’s ability to conceive. That’s why we’ve put together 10 quick tips for managing stress this holiday season. We hope you find them useful.
1. Get clear on your holiday priorities. Focus on what’s most important to you, and let the rest go.
2. Identify which tasks like picking up wrapping paper or the turkey that you can delegate, and then ask for help.
3. Get super organized, and yet remain flexible with how things might unfold.
4. Say ‘no’ ever so gracefully to taking on more responsibilities.
5. Remain positive. Look for the good in others and yourself.
6. Listen to music that helps you relax or makes you want to dance.
7. Reach out to a counselor or friend when you need to talk.
8. Remember, sometimes “good enough” is the best option over trying to be perfect.
9. Take time out for yoga, meditation and/or deep breathing.
10. Set aside some quiet time just for you. 5 to 10 minutes a day makes all the difference.